Hello my dear Bookbaggers!
For those of you who keep track of new posts on Book Polygamist you have no doubt noticed that I have been quite absent this month.
In fact besides my Save The Words Saturday posts (which are set to a schedule and post automatically at noon every Saturday) I haven’t written a single post – not even my newest Top 10 which was due to go up early on, or a special post for Book Polygamist’s 1st anniversary on the 5th of March!
The reason for this is my preoccupation with three very different beasts:
- Study (I am nearing the end of the term and since I’m in the final semester of my Diploma it’s quite hairy)
- Work (I have picked up some extra hours at my college library as well as the occasional Saturday at Duncraig Library)
- Pokemon (I recently bought an old Nintendo Gameboy Advance SP and a bunch of games including Pokemon Ruby which is addictive retro fun :P)
This has left me very little time to read and even less time to post, but as I will be on term break soon I will have a lot more time on my hands, and if I can ween myself off Pokemon for a bit I will endeavour to resume my regular posting, starting with the missing Top 10 lists, a couple of recent reviews and some tasty quotes 🙂
I have also made a decision that I hope will allow me to better balance study/work and blogging: I will not be writing the old reviews that have piled up.
While I would love to review some of the books I am aware that as it gets farther and farther away from when I read them I find it harder to remember and write a quality review, and the new books I finish just pile up on top of the old ones. I will post a list of the “forgotten reviews” and I welcome requests for a review of individuals in the list that take my readers’ fancy, but besides that I will carry on with recent reviews, starting with The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
The “forgotten reviews” are:
- The Eddie Dickens Trilogy By Philip Ardagh
- Coldheart Canyon By Clive Barker
- A Red Herring Without Mustard By Alan Bradley
- Monster Blood Tattoo Book 2: Lamplighter By D M Cornish
- Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons
- Trick or Treat By Kerry Greenwood
- Adultery By Richard B Wright
- The Girl Who Played With Fire By Stieg Larsson
- V for Vendetta By Alan Moore and David Lloyd
- The Extraordinary and Unusual Adventures of Horatio Lyle by Catherine Webb
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
- Books of Blood Vol 1-3 By Clive Barker
- Grave Sight By Charlaine Harris
Wow, now that I look at it I am both ashamed that I didn’t do so many and relieved that I decided against doing them all 😛
Feel free to request a review in the comments (please don’t request too many tho O.o) and stay tuned for regular posting around the 6th of April when I’m officially on break 🙂
Until then, Happy Reading!